George Williams College First-Year Scholarships
First-year scholarships are based on merit, composite ACT score and high school grade point average (GPA). Merit awards made to full-time, first-time freshmen are renewable for up to four years for students who maintain full-time status and the required renewable GWC GPA for each scholarship level.
The following scholarships and grants are available to students entering the university during the 2020-2021 academic year:
|Scholarship Name||Renewable GPA||Annual Amount|
|Board of Trustees Scholarship||3.0||$15,000|
|The Williams Scholarship||2.75||$14,000|
|The Cratty Scholarship||2.5||$12,000|
|The Founders Scholarship||2.0||$9,000|
|George Williams College Opportunity Grant||2.0||$7,000|
Presidential Scholars: Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Awarded to two first-time freshman students each year.
- Scholarship is renewable for up to four years to students who have a minimum 3.0 GPA and maintain full-time status.
- Competitive application and interview process with GPA and ACT/SAT scores taken into consideration.
- Student must be enrolled full time (at least 12 semester hours) and live on campus.
- Total scholarship amount cannot exceed tuition costs and fees.
- Scholars will have the opportunity to become student ambassadors for the college.
- A Presidential Scholarship application must be submitted to the Office of Admission by April 1, 2020.
George Williams College Transfer Scholarships
Transfer students are eligible for merit awards based on their cumulative transfer GPA from all previous institutions attended. Merit awards are renewable for up to three years for full-time, transfer students who maintain the required renewable GWC GPA at each scholarship level.
The following scholarships and grants are available for full-time transfer students entering the university during the 2020-2021 academic year to pursue their first undergraduate degree:
|Scholarship Name||Cumulative Transfer GPA||Renewable GPA||Annual Amount|
|GWC Presidential Transfer Scholarship||3.5–4.0||3.0||$10,000***|
|GWC Deans' Transfer Scholarship||3.0–3.49||2.75||$8,500***|
|GWC Faculty Transfer Scholarship||2.5–2.99||2.5||$7,000|
|GWC Transfer Grant||2.40–2.49||2.0||$4,000|
*** An additional scholarship of $1,500 will be awarded for Alpha Beta Gamma and Psi Beta and/or $2,000 will be awarded for Phi Theta Kappa members who have a cumulative transfer GPA of 3.0 or higher from all institutions attended. You must be an active member prior to your enrollment at George Williams College of Aurora University. Your membership will be verified from your official transcript(s) or Alpha Beta Gamma, Psi Beta and/or Phi Theta Kappa certificate. Alpha Beta Gamma and Psi Beta members must also provide a letter of recommendation from their faculty advisor. These scholarships are renewable up to three years for full-time, transfer students who maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher at GWC.
Additional scholarship opportunities for full-time students:
Advent Christian Endowed Scholarship: Amount varies
- Available to full-time, traditional undergraduate students that are members of the Advent Christian Church
- Awards vary depending on number of applicants and availability of funds, which is determined in July
- An Advent Christian Endowed Scholarship application must be completed by applicant and pastor and submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by June 1
Alumni Legacy Grants: $1,000; $500 (part-time enrollment)
- Available to children and grandchildren of alumni who have earned a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree at Aurora University or George Williams College.
- An Alumni Legacy Grant application must be submitted to verify eligibility.
Please note: This discount does not apply to online or graduate students. It also does not apply if you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree.
George Williams College Family Discount: $500
- Awarded to undergraduate students who have an immediate family member enrolled concurrently at Aurora University or George Williams College.
- Each family member attending must be a full-time student.
- A Family Discount application must be submitted to verify eligibility.
Please note: This discount does not apply to adult degree completion and graduate student accounts. It also does not apply if you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree.
McHenry County Scholarship $2,000
- Awarded to any freshman or transfer student with permanent residency in McHenry County, IL.
- Renewable for a maximum of four years.
- Student must be enrolled full time (at least 12 semester hours).
- Total scholarship amount cannot exceed tuition costs.
- Students may be eligible for additional financial aid and scholarships.
Wisconsin Scholarship $3,000
- Awarded to any freshman or transfer student with permanent residency in Wisconsin
- Renewable for a maximum of four years
- Student must be enrolled full time (at least 12 semester hours)
- Total scholarship amount cannot exceed tuition costs
- Students may be eligible for additional financial aid and scholarships
To find out more information on these scholarships or to begin the application process, contact the Office of Admission at 262-245-8564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.