George Williams College of Aurora University is located in Williams Bay, Wisconsin. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Grounds Manager and Director of Facilities, the groundskeeper works independently to perform a wide range of landscape maintenance duties, working safely with gas and diesel-powered equipment including mowers, tractors, chainsaws, etc., and attending to plants, trees, and lawns. Performs daily routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment and grounds features as needed.
- Represents GWC in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and GWC.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs a full range of landscape maintenance duties including leaf removal, pruning shrubs and trees, spraying and fertilizing, lawn care, and watering.
- Removes litter and empties trash cans.
- Cleans roads, parking lots, and walkways to ensure safety for pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Constructs carpentry features and masonry structures for special landscape projects.
- Provides full care for designated indoor plants.
- Removes ice and snow from walkways, roads, and parking lots, including the application of ice melt and road sand using snow plows and sanders.
- In the event of unscheduled closures due to weather events and/or other circumstances is considered "essential personnel" for reopening the college.
- Selects and establishes new plants and plantings in both landscape and the garden culture.
- Performs vector control including trapping and disposing of small animals and insects.
- Perform periodic maintenance of lawn equipment and vehicles.
- Assists with moving, loading, unloading, and storing supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Respond to 24-hour emergency calls.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complies with all company, safety, and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
Essential Job Requirements:
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions requires the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury.
- Must maneuver around campus and the hilly terrain with ease.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please download and fill out this application.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
George Williams College of Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.